05 Sep A Level and GCSE Results
Photo shows (from left to right) : Braden Gibbons, James Weston, Kimberley Futrill and Courtney Salisbury.
RSA Academy Arrow Vale are celebrating some excellent GCSE results with students making strong progress since starting the academy. Once more students have exceeded national headline benchmarks for performance.
Principal, Ian Mellor, said ‘These results are very good with students achieving a high standard on what is a completely new assessment framework. They are a reflection of the hard work and talent of our students, supported by our superb staff. Our GCSE results follow on from last week’s best ever A level results ’
Students achieving A*-A/9-7 include:
- Abigail Wilson who achieved a grade 8(A*) in Maths, a grade 7(A) in English Language and English Literature, and two A’s in Science
- Courtney Salisbury who achieved a grade 8(A*) in Maths, a grade 7(A) in English Literature and two A’s in Science
- Braden Gibbons who achieved a grade 7(A) in Maths and A’s in Chemistry, Physics and Geography
- Kimberley Futrill who achieved a grade 7(A) in Maths and A’s in Biology and Health & Social Care
- James Weston who achieved a grade 7(A) in English Language and A’s in Science and Catering
Best Ever A Level Results
RSA Academy Arrow Vale are celebrating their best ever A Level results. 56% of grades achieved were at A*-B with 48% of grades at A*-B in A level subjects. 49% of students achieved at least 1 A/A* grade.
Principal, Ian Mellor, said ‘This is a fantastic set of results and is testament to the hard work of students, staff and parents. We are particularly pleased that for the second year running, all students who had applied for university were successful in securing their place.’
Students achieving A*/A include:
- Michael Ford off to read Mathematics and Business Management at the University of Birmingham
- Ryan Adams off to read Psychology at the University of Southampton.
- Michelle Smart off to read Psychology at the University of East Anglia.
- Laura Harris off to read Biomedical Science at Lancaster University.