17 Mar Corona virus/COVID-19 – Letter to Parents
Dear Parents and Carers,
I write to provide further information following the most recent government guidance. As I am sure you will all have heard, the updated Government guidance is that:
Anyone who displays or lives with someone displaying coronavirus symptoms – a high temperature or a persistent cough – should stay at home for 14 days and self-isolate. Everyone should stop non-essential contact with others, especially those in vulnerable groups.
- staff, young people and children should stay at home if they are unwell with a new, continuous cough or a high temperature (over 37.8 degrees centigrade) to avoid spreading infection to others. Otherwise they should attend education or work as normal
- if staff, young people or children become unwell on site with a new, continuous cough or a high temperature they should be sent home
- clean and disinfect regularly touched objects and surfaces more often than usual using your standard cleaning products
- unless schools have been directly advised to close by the local Public Health England Health Protection Team, they recommend all education settings remain open
To keep our young people safe, we have made the following changes to our daily routines and calendared events:
- All non-essential assemblies have been cancelled
- Additional cleaning of regularly touched objects and surfaces
- Yr 9 Options Evening (26/3/20) is cancelled. This will now be completed initially online. Information will be sent home separately about the new online process
- 6th Form Parents Evening cancelled (02/04/20)
- Awards Evening cancelled (07/5/20)
- No external visitors will be on site for the foreseeable future
- Work will be available online for students in all years from 18th For students currently self isolating or in the event of a partial or full closure, please use the provided online resources. (Advice on how to access this is on the school website)
The plan is for Arrow Vale to remain open as far as is possible. We do however have a number of staff who are currently following Government guidance and self-isolating for 14 days. We also have 4 pregnant staff who will not be back with us for at least 12 weeks. We will review this on a daily basis.
As I am sure you will understand, this is an extremely difficult time for all of us and we are having to make very difficult decisions, often after we have been provided with updated guidance very late in the day. We will, of course, provide further details as we get them in due course.
We will continue to update you as more information and guidance becomes available. Thank you, again, for your patience and understanding and we hope that you all keep safe and well.