10 Sep Covid-19 Information
For the start of the academic year 2021/2022 all schools within the Central Region Schools Trust have completed a comprehensive risk assessment following the DfE Operational Guidance to schools set out on 27th August 2021.
These risk assessments are regularly reviewed and updated as required with new information and legislation.
The following control measures have been implemented within all of our schools :
- Ensure good hygiene for everyone
- Good hand cleaning hygiene
- Respiratory hygiene measures
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) when situations require
- Maintain appropriate cleaning regimes, using standard products such as detergents
- Keep occupied spaces well ventilated
- Follow Public Health England advice on testing, self-isolation and managing confirmed cases of COVID-19 when an individual develops COVID-19 symptoms or has a positive test
- Asymptomatic testing on site for the start of the new academic year (Year 7 and above) and encourage twice weekly LFT testing at home for staff and pupils (Year 7 and above)
- Encourage confirmatory PCR tests for staff and pupils who have symptoms or they are in close personal contact with the positive case
- Ensure all additional activities and events e.g. trips have a bespoke risk assessment to ensure that COVID-19 controls measures have been identified
- Gov.uk advised on 9th December 2021 that face coverings should be worn by pupils and students in year 7 and above (which would be children who were aged 11 on 31 August 2021), staff and visitors in communal areas, unless exempt. This is a temporary measure. Pupils and students in year 7 and above in these settings must also wear a face covering when travelling on public transport and should wear it on dedicated transport to and from school, college, or higher education provider.Gov.uk do not recommend that pupils and staff wear face coverings in classrooms, unless their Director of Public Health advises them to temporarily do so in one of the circumstances described in the Contingency Management Framework (outbreak plan).
- Ensure the schools have an outbreak management plan if advised by Public Health England there is an outbreak within their school
A weekly review takes place of all sections within the Risk Assessment and will be updated with additional control measures after appropriate advice and guidance have been given.
Please click here for Public Health England’s COVID-19 guidance and support.
To view all previous letters sent out regarding COVID 19 please click HERE
For all wellbeing information and safeguarding information relating to COVID 19 please see links below:
Support for Parents / Mindfulness online resources / safeguarding information – Click HERE
Anxiety returning to School resources – Click HERE
Safeguarding Website Page – Click HERE
- Central RSA Academies Trust Home Learning Statement (April 2020)
- How to continue working from home during school closure
- How to access school email
- Parent User Guide to Edulink One
- How to access Medhurst Dashboard
- How to access Foldr from home
If you’re running into trouble accessing any of our online features please contact our IT support team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents and guardians, if your contact number has been changed recently please contact Arrowvale Academy so we can update your information, thank you.