12 Jun Support for Parents During COVID 19 Lockdown
SAFEGUARDING: For further information and website links on wellbeing/mental health support /Online Radicalisation / Alcohol and Drug click HERE
Self-help Resources for Mental Health and Wellbeing (Information/Support) – Click HERE
- Activity Sheet 1
- Activity Sheet 2
- Activity Sheet 3
- Activity Sheet 4
- Activity Sheet 5
- Activity Sheet 6
- Activity Sheet 7
Here is next week’s parental workshop covering struggling to sleep. Any parents that would like to join us will be more than welcome.
When: May 27, 2020 06:30 PM London
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Inspirational Woman of the Year 2018 – Ladies First Awards Winner
Active Redditch lastest Newsletter – Click HERE
Active Bromsgrove leastest Newsletter – Click HERE
Time Capsule (Worcestershire Children First) – Click HERE to find out about this exciting project
The coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak means that life is changing for all of us for a while. It may cause you to feel anxious, stressed, worried, sad, lonely or frustrated.
It’s important to remember it is OK to feel this way and that everyone reacts differently. Remember, this situation is temporary and, for most of us, these difficult feelings will pass.
Taking care of your mind as well as your body is really important while staying at home. It can be difficult to know where to go for advice and support. So to make things easy and have put everything in one place.
We can offer you a range of FREE self-help guides, online therapy and further support if you feel you need it. We will help you maintain your mental wellbeing and to help you cope with how you may feel while staying at home.
Help us help you get the support you need, share this information with friends, family and work colleagues. Let’s make Herefordshire and Worcestershire the most supportive mental health counties in the country.
If you would like further information, please contact Laura.Gregory16@NHS.net
click HERE to view Now We’re Talking Herefordshire and Worcestershire Mental Health Offering
How to Explain the Coronavirus to young children
Click HERE to view a booklet that explains the coronavirus to young children.
Now More Than Ever, Every Mind Matters
PHE have launched a new campaign to support people to manage their mental wellbeing during this difficult time, using Every Mind Matters self-care resources.
Starting Well Parenting and Community practitioners are able to provide support to parents during this unprecedented time of social distancing / self-isolation amid the coronavirus pandemic. We know that parents are faced with new roles at this time, which come with new challenges. Parenting / managing with children at home can be great fun, but it can also be very tough too. We can help provide some of the additional support required including managing child’s behaviour, anxious children, keeping children occupied, childcare and signposting to other organisations that may help.
There is the option to complete a form to self -refer to the service:
http://www.startingwellworcs.nhs.uk/support-during-covid19 and also links to other advice, information and support around parenting and issues relating to children at this time.
Mindfulness and Wellbeing On-Line Resources
- ‘Worry Bug’ activity (see link below) is a useful resource for anyone who has young children who are feeling a little anxious at the moment. https://www.therapistaid.com/interactive-therapy-tool/worry-bugs
- Headspace are very generously offering all school teachers free subscription to their app. You can find details below.
- The charity Mindfulness in Schools Project (MiSP) are offering free daily practice sessions for everyone! Staff, pupils and families. From beginners to experienced and all ages. Please see links and information below:
These drop-in sessions are intended to nourish, support and connect us with each other through these unprecedented times.
- A MiSP Patron, Jerome Flynn, explains why you should join us to #SitTogether …
- Led by a fully trained Mindfulness Teacher
- One session per week, based around a relevant theme/topic to be communicated in advance
- Completely free, and suitable for anyone who wishes to take part
- Sessions to include guided mindfulness practices, teacher talk, and discussions and questions around the weekly topic
- Podcast of the practice and teacher talk to be made available after each session
- Please find links to other mindfulness resources below:
- https://oxfordmindfulness.org/online-sessions-podcasts/ (OMC mindfulness podcasts)
- https://www.keepcalmer.co.uk/ (Free online meditation sessions)
- https://mailchi.mp/gaiahouse/gaia-house-online-dharma-hall?e=c49ae30a3f (Online meditations sessions run by Gaia House)
- https://www.headspace.com ( 10 free intro sessions)